Monday, April 30, 2007

Well, I'm ticked.

Last Friday, some teenagers were trespassing in the pool of the vacant house next door. This is hardly the first time punks (and other folks) have been in there, and we're pretty fed up with them fouling up the place with garbage and the like. So, like the last time we caught them, we called the police to have them removed. The teenagers had a previous "acquaintance" with the police, and were charged with criminal trespass.

Well, tonight, I walked outside for a smoke, and saw that my truck's windshield had been smashed sometime this afternoon. I had music playing, and didn't hear it. I'm guessing it's the same punks, trying to "get back" at us for calling the cops on them (twice).

These punks were fortunate I didn't hear them, 'else they'd have found a rather irate redneck with a .45 objecting to their fun. Granted, a truck windshield isn't worth drawing steel over, but a man can put the fear into a punk without ever clearing leather.

Not all irate rednecks are as tolerant as I, and they're -really- fortunate they didn't vandalize some nutcase's truck.

Fortunately for me, they didn't monkey with anything inside the truck; as far as I can tell, all my tools, equipment, and whatnot are still there. Police are estimating about $150 for the windshield; I'll find out for sure what the cost will be in the morning when I have it replaced. If it goes over $150, I'll be calling the station for an addendum to the report, and a copy of the receipt, if necessary.

If these punks are caught, you can be sure I'll press charges AND file for recompense.

No comments: